Cannabinoid is any of a group of closely related compounds that include cannabinol and the active constituents of cannabis.
WHAT IS CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is the main active component in our hemp oil, and unlike THC, it is not psychoactive, so it doesn’t make people high. In 1992, the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) was discovered in the human body. The ECS is a vast network of cell receptors with many functions. Scientists describe the ECS as the greatest neurotransmitter system in the body. Certain receptors are heavily concentrated in the central nervous system while others are found in almost every organ of the body. Cannabinoid receptors are even found in our skin, digestive tract, and our reproductive organs.
Four primary purposes of the ECS include neuroprotection, stress recovery, immune balance, and homeostatic regulation. Homeostasis is a system that creates optimum energy balance in the body, the most important factor in wellness. Somehow, CBD appears to tap into this balancing system to produce its therapeutic effect. CBD is able to interact with cells in our bodies because the molecule has a similar composition to certain chemicals that the human body produces naturally called endocannabinoids.
The therapeutic value of CBD and other cannabinoids is almost unbelievable. For decades, outdated laws have banned a plant that produces what may become one of the most important medecines for modern disease. It is impossible to ignore the science and CBD is now LEGAL IN ALL FIFTY STATES.
WHAT IS CBG?
CBG (Cannabigerol) is an active compound found in hemp and is mostly known for its anti- bacterial effects. While most have heard of ore popular cannabinoids like CBD, not many realize the importance and possibilities of CBG.
CBG is non-psychoactive and can be thought of as the “stem cell” or “parent” of other cannabinoids.
CBG has been found to act on very specific physiological systems and problems, and for test results for medicinal use are very promising. They include:
- Endocannabinoid receptors are prevalent in eye structures, and interestingly, CBG is thought to be particularly effective in treating glaucoma because it reduces intraocular pressure.
- In animal experiments involving mice, CBG was found to be effective in decreasing the inflammation characteristic of inflammatory bowel disease.
- In a recent 2015 study, CBG was shown to protect neurons in mice with Huntington’s disease, which is characterized by nerve cell degeneration in the brain.
- CBG is showing great promise as a cancer fighter. Specifically, CBG was shown to block receptors that cause cancer cell growth. In one such study, it was shown to inhibit the growth of colorectal cancer cells in mice, thereby slowing colon cancer growth. CBG is also promising in the possibility of reducing tumors.
- European research shows evidence that CBG is an effective antibacterial agent, particularly against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) microbial strains resistant to several classes of drugs.
- In a study that looked at the effects of five different cannabinoids on bladder contractions, CBG tested best at inhibiting muscle contractions, so it may be a future tool in preventing bladder dysfunction disorders.
Scientists are excited about these initial CBG results and are promoting future research with CBG alone or CBG in combination with other cannabinoids and therapies for the treatment of multiple issues. Because it is non-psychotropic, CBG has a promising and wide range of potential applications not only for the problems mentioned above, but also as an analgesic, therapy for psoriasis, and as an antidepressant.
CBD ANITOXIDANTS & NEUROPROTECTANTS
A patent (#6,630,507) titled CANNABINOIDS AS ANTIOXIDANTS AND NEUROPROTECTANTS, owned by the US Government, makes some impressive claims about CBD. A few notable claims state that:
- “Cannabinoids are potent antioxidants…they easily penetrate tissues giving them the ability to enter the central nervous system and brain.”
- “Non-psychoactive Cannabinoids such as CBD are particularly advantageous as they are non-toxic…and exhibit unique antioxidant properties without the undesirable effects of THC.”
- “The antioxidant strength of CBD is significantly greater than that of either Vitamin C or Vitamin E.”
- Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3.
For more info visit:
Using proprietary nano-technology, Awaken Holistic Hemp Water uses pharmaceutical grade hemp oil with powerful cannabinoids which we infuse into water. Our hemp oil is broken down into minute nano-particles, allowing the water molecules to completely wrap and surround the cannabinoids, making our oil highly absorbable. Our water is infused in phases starting with a full spectrum of cannabinoids, including the highly touted CBD, CBG, CBC, and marries them with Linalool, Myrcene, and Caryophyllene; resulting in the most effective use of these compounds!
Order now to get the benefits of this amazing water.